Tuesday, November 29, 2011

turkey dinner detox



after thanksgiving dinner and eating my way through the weekend, i promised myself to detox this week. the last couple days my diet has consisted of turkey, stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes, apple pie, empanadas, lasagna, and not nearly enough vegetables. so, this week i am dragging myself to the gym and eating some of my favorite salads. here is one of the salads i will be making this week:


strawberry spinach salad: 
6 cups fresh spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
1 cup strawberries, sliced into halves
1 tablespoon onion, chopped
1/4 cup almonds or pecans, blanched


i recommend using a balsamic dressing with the spinach salad. here is a simple balsamic dressing recipe:
1/4 cup olive oil 
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment